Friday, September 16, 2011

Tears of Joy and Gratitude

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from my dear friend Cindy, letting me know that she had sent of a series of checks to PAWS, from folks who had either purchased donation items, or just wanted to help out with the fundraising.


Since I made a commitment to only update the thermometer when I receive official word from PAWS, I put it out of my mind.


Today I checked the mail, and found a rather thick envelope from PAWS. Inside were our copies of the letters sent to the donors. As I looked over each one, addressed to friends and strangers alike, I felt myself tearing up, and now I'm doing it again.


Those letters touched my heart, because I know that in the moment those checks were being written, somebody was thinking of Rachel, and wanting her quality of life to be better. 


I am saving those letters, and I would love to say that I will be able to send out individual thank you cards when this is all over, but that's probably not realistic. Please know what a difference you have made for Rachel, and for our family. When the time comes that Rachel receives her dog, it will be because of you, and we will never forget that.


So, while I try and type with running eyes, I have a huge smile on my face when I tell you that I increased the thermometer by $243 today!


-Kelly

1 comment: