We at Casa de Cobbie have much to be thankful for:
- Friends and family that love and support us nearby
- An extended network of contacts and acquaintances, many of whom have become good friends, even though we've never met in person (thank you, internet!)
- Complete strangers who hear Rachel's story, and feel moved to help
- Organizations like The Chelsea Hutchison Foundation and PAWS, plus so many others, that work hard to help people like us
- Brett's continued ability and absolute willingness to work himself into the ground to make sure we have what we need. (This one is from Kelly & Rachel. Brett is our hero.)
- Rachel's overall good health, and improving state of mind. Her anxiety levels are way down from even just a few months ago, and she continues to work on being comfortable in public situations.
- Plus all of the 'little things' that aren't so little, and that we tend to take for granted; running water, electricity, heat in the winter, telephones, the internet (huge), private transportation, excellent medical care, and music.:)
We are rich in many ways, even though the bank account wouldn't show it, and we are grateful.
I almost made this post yesterday, because we received another very large donation, but I wanted to include it with my Thanksgiving post, so here it is... we have received another $500 donation from friends/family in Canada! The thermometer is now over $5100!
It's been a long road, and will be longer yet, but I know we'll get there. We have the best people in the world at our backs; how could we fail?