Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, New Adventures

Time does fly, doesn't it? I can't believe it's been 9 days since I updated last. The New Year is a time of adjustment for us, as there are usually changes with insurance or pharmacies to manage, and that takes up my time for awhile.


This year, it's a change in pharmacy, and we had to leave the one we've been using for 20 years, which was hard for me, especially because of all the meds Rachel takes, and the relationship we've built up with the staff at the old one. In addition, I was at the end of a series of three cervical spine injections, which wipe me out for a couple of days.


We haven't had any Paws donations in the last week, but there is some good news: I have a great group of friends who sell on ebay, and they have come together to support us by committing to donate a percentage of sales from this month to Rachel's Paws account. This has also inspired me to clean out my own ebay space, and get some things listed.


In addition to all this, Rachel's 17th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, so we have that to plan for, and then she has an appt. on Feb 8th with the surgeon who implanted her VNS unit almost 6 years ago. The battery is wearing down, and we'll determine whether it's feasible to replace the entire unit, as the newer one has better functionality, and is easier to determine when it needs replacement.


So, as you can see, even when I'm not updating a lot, there is always something going on behind the scenes with us. If you ever wonder where we've been, or what's going on, just drop a comment on any entry, and I'll be sure and respond right away.


-Kelly

1 comment: