Friday, October 12, 2012

I Wonder What The Hamster Will Think

We've been running around, cleaning out Rachel's room, shopping, doing research on vets, etc., and totally forgot to update the blog with the news that Rachel's dog should be here sometime next week! We got the call over a week ago, and my head has been spinning ever since.

The dog has finished his training, and once all of the arrangements are in order, we'll get a call from our local field rep to set up a time for his delivery to Rachel. 

This is me, freaking out just a little. O_0

We've now got food, food bowls, a brush, poop bags, seat cover for the back seat of the car, and just need his bed and a few simple toys, like a Kong and a Nylabone. No treats besides his regular food, at least during the bulk of his training time, from what I understand.

We'll have a lot to learn, but we trust our rep/trainer to walk us through it all. In the meantime, we clean and organize, and try to remember what it's like to toddler-proof a house. It's been a long time, and we are accumulaters of 'stuff'. Rachel is really digging in to the piles in her room, making some hard choices, and cleaning out to make room for his crate, and pick up stuff that he might find tasty. We're a bit concerned that the hamster (or her droppings) might fall into this category. :/

So, that's all for now, and I promise to try harder to remember to update when the dog actually arrives, but things may be a bit crazy around here for awhile. At least it'll be in a good way.:)

-Kelly


4 comments:

  1. Yippy Skippy!!!!! I am so happy for you all!!!! Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week!!! Wow! I'm so excited. :) And I sincerely hope the hamster does not fall into the edible treat category. ;)

    Hooray for the fun positive kind of crazy. All too often our lives are filled with the alternative. I hope you'll be able to poke your head in often enough to keep us up to date and show us pictures of when they meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Harriett! I'll do my best to keep everyone up to speed.:)

    ReplyDelete