Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School

It's the first day of school for Rachel, a full week before her friends, but that's okay, we're ready. Well, I think we're ready. I'm ready. I'm pretty sure she'd be just as happy to stay in bed.


Rachel and I finally made it to the coast yesterday. We usually make it to the beach more than once during the summer, but we kept waiting for the weather to cooperate, and then when we finally had a plan to go, the big seizures happened.


So, yesterday we decided we were going, regardless of weather, and it turned out to be a beautiful day.



Okay, not the best pic of Rach ever taken, but she was getting tired. I mainly wanted to show the blue sky and the gorgeous topography of Neskowin Beach. It's only a little over an hour drive from us, and away from the serious bustle of Lincoln City.


Also, I've updated the thermometer today, to include another $235 in donations to Rachel's dog account! Thanks so much, everyone. I'm supposed to go back to one of the businesses I approached about letting us put out a donation canister today, but have to wait for Rach to be done with school for the day. I will be sure and update on that later.


-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment